Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:45:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        sheldonh@uunet.co.za
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with source_rc_confs

On  2 Jun, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

>> At the moment my /etc/rc contains:
>> ---snip---
>> # If there is a global system configuration file, suck it in.
>> #
>> if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
>>         . /etc/defaults/rc.conf
>>         . /etc/rc.conf
>>         . /etc/rc.conf.local
>>         #source_rc_confs
>> elif [ -r /etc/rc.conf ]; then
>>         . /etc/rc.conf
>> fi
>
> Can't you just leave the files alone?  rc.i386 doesn't need to
> source_rc_confs, because rc alrady does that:
>
> 	# If there is a global system configuration file, suck it in.
> 	#
> 	if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
> 		. /etc/defaults/rc.conf
> 		source_rc_confs
> 	elif [ -r /etc/rc.conf ]; then
> 		. /etc/rc.conf
> 	fi

I know, but I had to modify them to get it running.

> Try it with completely unmodified files.  It's working for at least 3 of
> us. :-)

I tried it with completely unmodified files just bevore my first mail to
be sure it still didn't work.

I have the output of /etc/rc with "set -x" added to it, do you want it
(together with rc.conf{,.local}) in a private mail (limited to 22k, my
console hadn't more in the scrollback buffer)?

Bye,
Alexander.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  GPG fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E