Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2012 00:06:23 -0400
From:      Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Access to Time Warner cable network

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Erich Dollansky
<erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 01 April 2012 08:57:00 Da Rock wrote:
>> >
>> > Did they come to your location and run a test to their equipment? My
>> > neighbor had a recent cable outage of an existing cable on our block
>> > that was too low =A0and a moving van hit it.
>>
>> Apparently the Windows system works, so I'd assume all that side is ok-
>> just FBSD box is the issue.
>
> so, there is some difference. The questions are there to find out what th=
e difference might be.

> Erich

to me it sounds like a link negotiation problem between the network
interfaces, and auto-sensing not being able to sync
you might need to set the interface on the bsd box manually to see if
you can even establish link, once link is up dhcp should function