Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:15:59 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        jacks@sage-american.com
Cc:        Aaron <click46@webpimps.net>, "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdimage refuses to work

jacks@sage-american.com wrote:

> I think it needs to run under a REAL DOS system like that used under
> Win98... Win2K is NOT the same real DOS nor is NT....

This is not true. I have run fdimage from W2K's prompt since I started
using FreeBSD. It didn't see to work on Windows XP Personal Final until
I used

O:\FreeBSD>fdimage -v -f 1.44M mfsroot.flp a:
Insert new diskette for drive A:
and press ENTER when ready

Formatting: cyl 79  hd 1
Writing: cyl 79  hd 1
Done

Kent

> At 11:37 AM 9.29.2001 -0700, Aaron wrote:
> >Well thats the thing...the first system to run *nix is the one I'm trying
> >to install right now. Luckily the CDROM boots just fine...but I'm still
> >curious about fdimage since I use it often.
> >
> >- click46
> >
> >---------------------------------------------
> >click46[wp] - AIM the click46 - ICQ 43450396
> >webpimps.net | bsdatwork.com | nerdserve.net
> >moderator - o/c cooling forum @ hardforum.com

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA
mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Carl Sagan quote on Seti@home
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/pale_blue_dot.html

It is hard to believe you are soaring with Eagles (las águilas)
when you accept SPAM like a mouse (el ratón).