Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 00:45:12 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp changes for buffer overflows going in

I'm about to commit a large number of changes to the user mode ppp.
Since they are all no brainers, and have been reviewed, I feel
reasonabily confident that things are OK.

However, I am unable to test ppp to my level of satisfaction easily,
since I don't have a ppp link to test it with.  I think these changes
will be good, but thought I'd give a heads up.

They are 2.2 candidates, but I'd like to have them be tested in
-current for as long as possible before committing to the 2.2 branch.

They fix an exploitable ppp buffer overflow problem that could be used
to break root.

Warner