Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:42:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard Stanaford <richard@nova.eri.net>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
Cc:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>, Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ports question - Ssh???

The Ssh port might be broken.  I had a 2.2.6-RELEASE system that I wiped
and installed 3.0-RELEASE.  I tried three times to build the Ssh port and
it failed.

First, when 'make extract' was running, it said it required rsaref, which
did not exist.  Instead of pausing, downloading, building rsaref, and then
continuing, Ssh continued extracting after which it started building and,
of course, failed.

Even after building the required ports individually, the Ssh build still
failed under "make install."  I figure it must be something I am missing
with 3.0, becasue I have built that port at least 10 times under 2.2.6,
2.2.7, 2.2-STABLE, and had it work every time.

I needed Ssh, so I downloaded the source from Ohio-State's FTP site and
built it without problem but what really got me was the port not grabbing
the other ports it depended on, like rsaref, as I had seen it do every
other time.. *shrug*  Wierd...  :-)

-Richard