Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:56:46 -0600
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   [Somewhat OT] FreeBSD and Squirrelmail

I have long used Squirrelmail as a web mail client on FreeBSD systems.
I recently attempted an upgrade of PHP7 (that failed) and then tried
installing PHP7 and then PHP8 using package management.  In both
these cases I see this error even though there absolutely is a
config file present on the machine:

ERROR: Config file ' . '"config/config.php" not found. You need to ' . 'configure SquirrelMail before you can use it.

Has anyone else run into this and/or have a fix?

TIA,
Tim