Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 19:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 6x86 166+

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I am testing this cpu against a Pentium 166mhz.
>
> In the config file for the kernel I must use the 486 istruction set code
> too ? Because now I have only the 586 option and the kernel don't boot...
>
> Any others informations and/or experiences with this CPU ?

The cpu runs perfectly with the 486 settings.  I think it is just a mis
ID thing.  The code is on Cyrix's web site to properly ID their CPUs...
Now I just need to find the time to get around to doing that or someone
can beat me to it first.

----

 -------------------------------> WWW - http://www.shoppersnet.com/shopping