Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:12:18 -0700
From:      ertank@softhome.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   shutdown with power button

Hello,

I want to learn if there is a way to make the system shutdown with the key
on the case.

I searched the mailing list but could not find a solution. Also, man apm and
man apmd does not have some option for me that I could find.

My problem is if I press the case power key, system just cuts the power off.
And, this yields to a fsck on the next boot. I want the system to issue
'shutdown -p now' command if somebody accidentally presses the power key of
the case.

Best Regards,

 --
Ertan Kucukoglu