Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 1997 13:11:40 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        droth@mixcom.com
Subject:   Libraries

On one of our servers here I did a clean install of 2.2.1 and was busy
recompiling things.  On trying smap and smapd:

--snip--
cc -g -o authmgr authmgr.o ../libauth.a ../libfwall.a  -lresolv -lcrypt
ld: -lresolv: no match
*** Error code 1

Checking /usr/lib I don't find it, but it sure exists in 2.1.7 sure enough.

Hmmm... looking further /usr/src/lib/libresolv exists.

It is not part of the original code, but is need for the customizations....
or is it?

# libresolv on FreeBSD-2.x **never did anything**!!

That was from the Makefile.

Sometimes I wonder if I want to C.  ;-)

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990