Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:47:45 -0500
From:      phusion <phusion2k@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMware3 Mouse Question

I'm running VMware3 on FreeBSD 5.2.1, and been having a problem with
my mouse configuration. In my vmware configuration setting I have the
mouse as PS/2 and autodetect. When I start up the virtual machine it
says the following:

Cannot open host device "/dev/psm0": Device or resource busy.
Unable to open host mouse device for full-screen VGA.
Full-screen VGA will not be available.

In my xorg.conf I have the following set: Option "Device" "/dev/psm0",
and it works great in X-Windows.

When I have the next setting in the vmware configuration it also gives
me an error message about mouse type "sysmouse".

autodetect, and specify /dev/psm0

Let me know how I can finally fix this little problem. Thanks.