Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:20:11 GMT
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading from CDROM

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/164226; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To: Kurt Lidl <kurt.lidl@cello.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:10:59 +0200

 On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 05:00:22PM +0000, Kurt Lidl wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR sparc64/164226; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Kurt Lidl <kurt.lidl@cello.com>
 > To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, cpghost@cordula.ws
 > Subject: Re: sparc64/164226: [cd] Data corruption on 9.0-RELEASE when reading
 >  from CDROM
 > Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:44:58 -0400
 >
 >  I built a 9.0-STABLE distribution on Friday
 >  (Fri Jul  6 21:43:11 EDT 2012), including building a .iso
 >  (make release).
 >
 >  I then burned the resulting .iso onto a disks, and successfully booted
 >  from, and installed from that iso image on a netra-t1.
 >
 >  I had no problems with DMA issues on the local DVD
 >  drive.  (I replaced the CD-ROM in the machine with a slim-line
 >  DVD years ago.)
 >
 >  So, I have successfully tested the patches referred to in this
 >  PR, I believe it can closed.

 What's in the tree now is just a work around but the underlying
 problem still exists and is yet to be solved so it's appropriate
 to leave this PR in an open state. I'm not sure what's the best
 assignee though; as it turned out later this problem isn't
 sparc64-specific at all. As it's ATA_CAM related mav@ would be
 best, but he unfortunately doesn't seem to be interested that
 much in fixing it ...

 Marius