Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:34:50 +0100
From:      "Attilio Rao" <asmrookie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Optimized kernel copying functions

Hi,
As suggested by Xin LI, I request here.
Please refer to:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2006-February/015560.htm=

About further developments:
- I'm working on dropping/undropping FPU and using mmx/xmm simd
instructions.
The code works fine (no PREEMPTION kernel), but mmx doesn't seem enough
efficient so I think I need more work about them (I didn't try xmm simd
instructions yet).
- I planned to add some sysctl in order to enable/disable optimized copying
functions

You can get patch for FreeBSD-6.0 here:
http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/fpu_overhaul.tar.gz

and a patch for -current will be available ASAP (however they might be very
poor changes since a lot of stable parts are modified).

Thanks a lot,
Attilio