Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:13:44 +0000
From:      Doug Sampson <dougs@dawnsign.com>
To:        'Edward Tomasz Napierala' <trasz@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: NFSv4 ACL permissions setting

> Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Doug Sampson w dniu 31 sie 2012, o godz. 01:=
42:
>=20
> [..]
>=20
> > group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               <<<<<---=
-
> -
> > group:DSP-production:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow               <<<<<---=
-
> -
>=20
> This itself looks like a bug in setfacl(1).  I'll look into it.
> However...
>=20
> [..]
>=20
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # run this script where you wish to effect the changes
> > # reset perms to default
> > find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 setfacl -b *
>=20
> Why the asterisk?  Also, using "-m" with NFSv4 ACLs is not a very good
> idea - it's supposed to work, but with NFSv4 ACLs the ordering does
> matter,
> and "-m" simply modifies the ACL entry in place, while the effect of the
> entry might depend e.g. on "deny" entries before it.  Use "-a" instead.
>=20

Forgive me- I am not particularly strong when it comes to shell scripting. =
I will modify so that the -a parameter is used instead of -m when setting n=
ew entries.

What would you use in place of the asterisk when you want to apply the "set=
facl -b" command to either all files or all directories? The period?

~Doug