Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 1997 21:28:56 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   License restrictions

Howdy,
I was looking into a possible BMRT port, and I found the author doesn't
want his software mirrored in order to distribute only the absolute
latest version.
My conclusion is the software shouldn't be mirrored but it can
nevertheless be distributed in the CD (of course I would like to check
this out with the author also).
I wonder how such a scheme could be handled in the ports tree. FreeBSD
shouldn't mirror most binary distribution files anyway...in order to
keep only the latest versions and so that we won't have identical
distfiles and packages.
So.. how is this handled? Any BIN_DIST flag or similar?

Pedro.