Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:28:47 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A general ports question/sylpheed port

On Saturday 29 September 2001 12:25, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Chip <chip@wiegand.org> types:
> > A program installed from the ports system should, or is supposed to, take
> > care of ALL dependencies, correct? I tried to install Sylpheed from the
> > ports tonite, but when I run it I get this:
>
> Correct. But programs do have bugs.
>
> > Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> > "libnotif.so",
> >
> > I ran, from /
> > find . libnotif.so
> > and sure enough, it was not found. Is this a problem with the port of
> > Sylpheed?
>
> Probably. That library is in x11-toolkits/gtk-engines.  It's also
> possible that the port that installs that library was installed, then
> pkg_deleted without the port being cleaned. So do a "make install" for
> that port. If nothing happens, then you've got that later situation,
> so you can do "make reinstall" to install it. If the install installs
> it, notify the port maintainer of the problem.
>
> 	<mike

Thanks Mike, that took care of that message, now I get another:

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 28 (No space left on device)
bind: Permission denied

I don't know which device that message is referring to, I check disk space
with df and I have gigabytes of free space on all partitions except procfs
which is at 100% (I don't know if that's okay or not).
I don't understand the bind message also, I am on a regular workstation, I
don't  think bind is running on this one.
--
Chip W.