Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:05:53 +0200
From:      Marius Bendiksen <Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -Current fails to mount /

My -current system, cvsupped 22nd July, fails to boot, telling me that it
doesn't
find 'mount_' in /sbin, nor /usr/sbin. It then proceeds to drop me into single
user, where I get the same error when attempting to remount root as
read-write.
Since the root_device is read-only, I cannot mount *anything* at all. I do
have a
boot disk and fix disk, though, but I would like to get my real system to
mount /
though... I have not seen mention of any such error in the last few weeks,
on either current, stable or hackers...

The system was built in multi-user mode with:
	cd /usr/src/share/mk
	make (install, or something, I think)
	cd /usr/src
	make buildworld

That didn't cause any errors, and nobody knew of any breakage, so I did an
installworld make.

My system configuration is:
	AMD K6/233
	64 MB SD-RAM