Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2022 13:27:15 +0100
From:      Mr Roooster <mrrooster@gmail.com>
To:        Eivind Nicolay Evensen <eivinde@terraplane.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unclean file systems on every boot

On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 at 21:25, Christoph Moench-Tegeder
<cmt@burggraben.net> wrote:
[snip]

> Consider the possibility that other parts might have gone bad: cabling,
> RAM, CPU... maybe even heat problems?

I would add PSU to this list too. A friend had random unexplaned
reboots on his home server, turned out to be the PSU.

Memory is another thing where marginal can mean 'looks okay 99.99% of
the time', running a memtest for a day isn't a bad shout. (or if you
have fancy 'overclocking' memory don't use the XMPP profile, run at
stock).

Also, depending on the hardware, sometimes you just have to accept
some things are 'bad'.

I had a very (very) cheap motherboard years ago which I could never
get 100% stable, it was just a poorly designed and built motherboard
that was meant for a PC on a budget, not a PC build to be reliable.