Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 13:29:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jonny@coppe.ufrj.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VM system info

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis said:
> #define quoting(John S. Dyson)
> // Notes on VM tunables:
> //
> // I have recently added some interesting VM tunables.  Since it would
> // be nice if people other than me (or those who requested them) could
> // use the features, I thought it would be nice to pass this info on:
>
> Is there any place or URL where we can get this information always
> updated ?  It's a pretty good form of documentation I've always
> wanted to know.

Nope.  Unfortunately, the source code is the only place for it (by
inference.)  The VFS sysctls also deserve some documentation.

> Maybe it deserves a handbook section ?

Maybe, but it is extremely kernel version dependent, and would require
some commitment to maintain.  Otherwise, the info could be confusing.

I know that some of the information would be useful, especially to
ISPs.  That is specifically the reason that I sent the info to
the mailing list.

--
John
dyson@freebsd.org