Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:42:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>, Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>, Zach Barnett <zpb@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: Packages and Ports [pkg vs portupgrade? taken off-list]

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Mike Meyer wrote:
> PL> [1] Where do you run "build patch" (i.e. cd to which dir first)?
> PL> [2] What if you type "which build" and it is not found?
> You run "make patch", and you do it in /usr/ports/<category>/<port>.
> 	<mike
> --
> Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
> Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more information.

I sort of figured that after I posted, since make and build seem to become
more and more interchangeable.  Is there a recursive flag to "make?"  Does
portupgrade (which can work(s) on the entire /usr/ports/ tree I understand)
have a flag to run all the make install and make patch etc commands once
all port files have been updated?

Last question, an after-thought really: Are "beta" vs "final" relevant?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder