Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 03:24:07 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@highperformance.net>, Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Typing Injuries

At 5:54 PM -0800 2002/03/06, Jason C. Wells wrote:

>  And in case you wonder, I have zero trouble switching between qwerty and
>  dvorak when I am forced to do so.

	Heh!  You just try switching back and forth between
American-style QWERTY, International English QWERTY (which puts at
least one or two additional keys on the keyboard and moves a few of
the non-alphanumeric keys around), Belgian/French/Dutch AZERTY
(because they have so many diacritic characters, you have to hit at
least three keys in order to get to any of the numbers or
alphanumeric characters that English speakers are used to), and then
try doing all that while mixing-and-matching any of the specified
keyboard types with the corresponding software keyboard maps.

	It's enough to drive you insane....

>  My advice is not terribly sophisticated from a medical standpoint.   Both
>  trackballs and dvorak are a love 'em or hate 'em proposition according to
>  many opinions.  Your mileage may vary.

	As with pretty much all of the ergonomic equipment on the market,
which was part of my point about RSI being a very personal thing,
with every individual reacting to different problems and different
solutions in a unique way.

	Bottom line -- you basically have to try doing different things
different ways until you find something that works for you.

	Well, that's assuming that you can find something that works for
you at all.  1/2 ;-)

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

Do you hate Microsoft?  Do you hate Outlook?  Then visit the Anti-Outlook
page at <http://www.rodos.net/outlook/>; and see how much fun you can have.