Date:      Sat, 06 Jun 2015 12:05:07 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [CFT] net/asterisk11 and net/asterisk13 new option to compile using base compiler

--haVXXkjfHcOt4Pdsajs9beXLOHppn1Jnm

Hi,

Recent versions of asterisk have added support to be compiled using
llvm/clang, so, with the last update, I added an experimental option to
make the port compile using the base compiler(turned off by default).

I'm asking for people using asterisk on 10.1 or head to test it compiled
with clang and report back both in case of success or failure.

My objective is to make the BASE compiler option the default sometime in
the future, if it works correctly.

In the tests I have performed it works, but I have also seen some core
dumps which don't happen when compiled using gcc 4.8. asterisk 13 seems
to be more robust than 11 when compiled with clang.

So, if you do test this, please use caution and don't perform the tests
on production machines, since it can crash and dump core unexpectedly.

Thanks in advance!

--=20
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>