Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:23:34 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Package database problems

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
wrote:

> That's the problem. The package that installed that file is not installed=
.
> Nor is the file in the location pkg complains about. Yet, it still
> complains of a conflict and refuses to install the package I'm trying to
> install.
>
> For example, I tried to upgrade devel/oniguruma. It complained about a
> conflict with oniguruma5, specifically /usr/local/bin/onig-config. That
> file does not exist, nor is onigurum5 installed.

=E2=80=8BInstall onigurum5, then remove it.  Try to install onigurum.  That=
 should
reset things in the database.
=E2=80=8B

> I wish there was a pkg command like rebuild-db that would iterate through
> /var/db/pkg and create a valid local.sqlite file that registers the
> packages currently existing on the server.

=E2=80=8BThere's nothing to iterate over.  There's nothing in /var/db/pkg a=
nymore
except the SQLite databases.

The only way to "rebuild" local.sqlite is to reinstall everything.

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com