Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2018 21:45:06 -0800
From:      David Newman <dnewman@networktest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade to 12.0 broke apache24 with SSL

12.0-RELEASE-p1, apache24-2.4.37, openssl-1.0.2q,1

Greetings. Got an issue where apache24 installed from ports segfaults
and dumps core after an upgrade from 11.2 to 12.0-RELEASE.

This appears to be an issue with OpenSSL. The /var/log/messages file
just says core dumped, but running gdb on the core file produces this
output:

# gdb /usr/local/sbin/httpd /usr/local/httpd.core

..

Reading symbols from /usr/local/sbin/httpd...done.
[New LWP 100270]
Core was generated by `/usr/local/sbin/httpd -DNOHTTPACCEPT'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0000000800bd89e3 in ?? () from /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.9
(gdb)

The apache24 port will start normally if I run make config and disable
SSL support.

I followed the normal upgrade procedure using freebsd-update and
rebuilding all ports using the 10 steps described in the portmaster
manpage.

I've pasted the output from apachectl -M below. Please let me know if
you need other info.

Thanks in advance for troubleshooting clues on getting apache24 to start
with TLS/SSL support enabled.

dn

# apachectl -M
Loaded Modules: