Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:58:01 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        ben@stuyts.nl, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "apic_ipi might be stuck" getting worse

Hi,
> Ben Stuyts wrote:
> > A few days ago I reported seeing the message "apic_ipi might be stuck". Since > then I've seen it more and more, about 4-5 times a day. I can't find anything
> > in the mailing list over the past few months about this. What does this
> > message mean, and can it do any harm? The system function normally otherwise.
>
> The author of this (I'm sorry - I cannot remember who you are) has said
> that the criteria for determining this is (may be) flawed.
>
> So far, I have had _no_ problems with this.
>
> I await the (cosmetic) fix :-)

You really don't have to worry until it says "apic_ipi is stuck".
Then, any good silicone based lubricant will work.  I prefer the type that
comes im a spray can.  I can usually get it on the apic without opening
the case...

Seriuosly, you can just ignore it.  If it bugs you comment out the printf
in the source.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by