Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 20:22:20 +1000 (AEST)
From:      Greg Ungerer <gerg@stallion.oz.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Greg Ungerer <gerg@stallion.oz.au>
Subject:   major number for new multiport serial driver

Hiya FreeBSD hackers,

I have coded a FreeBSD driver to support some of the Stallion Technologies
multiport serial boards (in particular the EasyIO and EasyConnection 8/32
families of boards). I am just about ready to unleash it onto the world
(for some alpha testing off-course!) and would like to get a character
major number assigned for it. So far I just used the next spare one (67) in
the 2.0.5 kernel. (Sorry haven't tryed it on 2.1 yet... :-(

So how do I do that?

Seeya
Gerg

Greg Ungerer                                       EMAIL: gerg@stallion.com
Stallion Technologies Pty Ltd                      PHONE:   +61 7 3270 4271
33 Woodstock Rd, Toowong, QLD 4066, Australia      FAX:     +61 7 3270 4245