Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:21:52 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Jacky Jack <jackyjack@hotmail.com>
Cc:        hhasenbe@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise TX2300

Am 17.01.2006 um 20:36 schrieb Jacky Jack:

> Stefan,
>
>  Sorry, what do you mean:
>> This is with a Promise BIOS from around a year ago.

The Promise BIOS only installs a handler if it detects at least one
drive (as can be seen in the boot selection of the mainboard's BIOS).

If a drive is connected to the promise controller, the loader will
reset/reboot when trying to boot from an ATA CD.

> I assume both booting from floppy and cdrom have the same symptoms
> (reboots, etc..)?

I haven't tried booting from floppy, as the Promise controller is
only used for additional disks, so I just pulled them for the install.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140