Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 00:35:31 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Makoto MATSUSHITA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJF4kRCQ3JD8kXiQzJEgbKEI=?=)" <matusita@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fvwm2 without japanese kit

Makoto MATSUSHITA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCJF4kRCQ3JD8kXiQzJEgbKEI=?=)
wrote:

> I'm also the maintainer of a i18n patch of fvwm. This patch is not a
> japanization patch (asami-san also says so too). It is based only on
> X11's internationalization framework, so all locales handled by
> Operationg System should work in FreeBSD environment.

Why not eliminate all the references to the word "Japanese" (nothing
personal of course)? It should be assumed that all ports work well with
english unless specifically stated. Yeah I know the port COMMENT says
it's not only japanese, but some people read backwards :(.

> asami> I have no problem if someone wants to keep the English version
> asami> up to date.
>
> I think so too. I'm very surprized that nobody does update plain fvwm2
> ports for several months. I think it is easy to do...

I agree; when I asked why there was so little OpenLook support, the
response was "we all use fvwm since a long time". On 2.1.7 Release, none
of the fvwm packages worked for me. I was going to use the newer ports,
but ended using bowman and a newer port of lesstif.

Pedro.