Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:10:07 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ondra Holecek <bln@deprese.net>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
Subject:   Re: problems with wifi

On Friday 30 December 2005 11:18, Ondra Holecek wrote:
> in BIOS there is the only option "Wireless default setting" =3D ENABLED
> (but the LED showing the state of wifi is still off)

Hi
in order to get the onboard wireless device to work you need to use the ndi=
s=20
driver.

Anyway, even so, since 6.0-RC1 if I remember well the LED do not work anymo=
re=20
even if the device is working fine. This is unfortunatly not very handy sin=
ce=20
you never know the reason of connection problems. Still worse is that when=
=20
you switch off with the button pressed "off" the device do stay off on next=
=20
boot until you press the button again.
You could check with xev the button number and write a small script to catc=
h=20
it that you are getting an advice/popup when you accidently press the butto=
n.
On my NB it is
214 WLbutton off
213 WLbutton on