Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2012 16:47:22 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        danfe@freebsd.org, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposition to make nvidia driver stop overwritting files

--8nsIa27JVQLqB7/C

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 09:35:28AM -0500, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:27:04 -0500, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>=
 =20
> wrote:
>=20
> > The only difference is that on 8.3 and other version without my =20
> > extension the
> > port will "pollute" libmap.conf
> > with the extension the port will provide a clean etc/libmap/nvidia.conf
>=20
> Oh! Thanks for the clarification; I thought there was some entirely =20
> missing featureset required for this to work, not just the ability for =
=20
> ports to install their own libmap config files.
>=20
> For the record, will these be located in /etc/libmap/ or =20
> /usr/local/etc/libmap/ ?
>=20
>=20
> Thanks!

Let's clarify.

My change allow to add a new directive to libmap.conf
which means that:
prior to my patch the mapping should be added to /etc/libmap.conf

after my patch we just need to make sure that /etc/libmap.conf has the foll=
owing
line:
includedir /usr/local/etc/libmap

the ports can now create /usr/local/etc/libmap/myport.conf

regards,
Bapt

--8nsIa27JVQLqB7/C

--8nsIa27JVQLqB7/C--