Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 01:39:52 -0800
From:      Silent Bob <silentbob@home.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation

I have recently recieved the BSD CD's from Walnut Creek(v.2.2.2)
and I have been having some trouble installing the OS.  I'll try to make
this brief...  I'm using the boot floppy to install the program, I get
to the Kernel configuration part (and I know nothing about UNIX-like
OS's so I choose the Visual mode configuration) I try to choose the
devices that I have attached to my system, although that part of the
configuration seems not to matter to my problem, well, anyway when I'm
done with that I continue It throws a lot of jibberish on the screen
(which, thru extensive reading, I'm begining to understand) I see
information about my NIC and my HDD's floppy drive, ETC... Then I see
a line that says something about switching root device to Fd0c(which I
 assume to be the floppy drive), then it says

PANIC: Double Fault

Syncing Disks...

	What's the problem, when I try to run the install program under
 DOS directly off the CD it says something like

npx0: INT 16 Interface
PANIC: Double Fault

Syncing Disks...

	This is as far as I can get... I have tried changing my hardware
 configuration and I think I have narrowed the problem to my MLB but its
 brand new, and the only one I have that will work for my purposses, but
 when I change the MLB and Processor things work fine (except for the
fact
 that I can't get it to see my CD-ROM, but that another headache!)any
help
 you can give would be great!!

Thanks,
   Silent Bob