Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:26:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sio: probe test 3 failed

> > > Sometimes, after suspending my system, my modem card is not properly
> > > reallocated. What happens is that the kernel prints:

> > It may be related to 'interrupts' not being properly let go in the
> > system.

> > The sio driver *is* resident, due to hardware race bugs, but marked as
> > unused.  However, as you are already aware, it's possible that something
> > is still using it. :(
>
> Not only possible, it *is* still being used, proved by the fact that
> insertion of another modem card gives the 'no free configuration'
> message.

That may be due to interrupts being 'in use'.  Hold on...  Hmm, I don't
see where the 'no free configuration' message is being printed out in
the pccard code.

> What is weird is that the following happens:
> Have the Nokia modem card in slot 0
> suspend

What messages are printed here?

> resume

What messages are printed here?

> Let me check my logs....
>
> Here it is:
> Nov  2 15:21:50 mouse su: guido to root on /dev/ttyv0
> Nov  2 15:26:09 mouse /kernel: ep0: unload
> Nov  2 15:26:09 mouse /kernel: Return IRQ=10
> Nov  2 15:26:09 mouse /kernel: stray irq 10
> Nov  2 15:26:09 mouse /kernel: Card disabled, slot 0
> <I suspend here. Clearly, slot 1 is not disabled)

The system doesn't think slot 1 is in use at this time, so there's
something fishy going on if slot 1 is indeed in use.

Nate