Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2022 12:39:53 +0200
From:      Peter Blok <pblok@bsd4all.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ZFS does not activate a pool after upgrade 12-stable to 13-stable

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my systems from 12-stable to 13-stable using =
source. The upgrade went flawless, except for one system. This system =
had two pools (zroot and zdata).

The zdata pool is not present after reboot. It consists of a single SATA =
disk. After a reboot the disk is visible, no error have been logged. If =
I do zpool import zdata, the pool is back without any errors. I have =
scrubbed the pool and there are no errors. Upgrading the pool to openzfs =
is not bringin anything either. Boot block is updated

I don=E2=80=99t have console access and the system is not close by, so I =
tred carefully.

Any ideas why this happens, how to fix this?

Peter