Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:01:09 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@holly.dyndns.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GNU tar

   I've been thinking about it, and I have to ask why GNU tar was
included with the FreeBSD system as the default tar(1) utility.
Wouldn't including the tar distributed with BSD be a better
choice, since it's a bit more portable, and perhaps have the GNU
tar availible as gtar, or as a port, starting in -CURRENT?

Thanks,
Chris