Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:06:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
To:        Anders Andersson <anders@andersa.net>
Cc:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>, harti@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, sparc64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sparc does not find ATA disk with new kernel

It seems Anders Andersson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 03:50:33PM -0500, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> > Yes, it was broken by the ata updates.  I believe that it is fixed, please
> > try updating.
>
> Not fixed on my Ultra10 alteast. Still the same problem.

Hmm, I think I have things confused here, anyhow..

Could you please mail me the exact problem, a dmesg from the system
(evt before the problem appeared), and a pciconf -l

Then if your problem is a timeout followed by a panic please try
to disable DMA by setting hw.ata.ata_dma=0 in /boot/loader.conf...

Thanks for bearing this out with me...

-Søren