Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:03:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Missouri FreeNet Administration <measl@mfn.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD Problem: More info

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Doug White wrote:

:On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, FrankenRoot wrote:
:
:> Hello...
:>
:> 	I have narrowed the problem to the file server itself.
:> First, let me say that there have been *no* hardware changes amde in many
:> months.
:>
:> 	When I am on the server, and type in "showmount", I get a syslog
:> error Apr 7 13:11:57 svr mountd[143] Can't send reply.
:>
:> I have checked that portmapper is running.
:
:Are you running ipfw on the machine?  Perhaps the port isn't open.

No, no IPFW...