Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 95 14:58:59 CST
From:      Andy Whitcroft <awhitcro@paris.heisys.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cannot boot 2.1 Dev from floppy's

Hello,

In an effort to get started on FBSD, I have been trying to install the
950210-SNAP. But, my computer ( described below ) will NOT get past the
the probes just prior to the le0 probe ( I forget exactly which probe,
but I do know that it is the probes just before the le0 probe ).

For clarity, when I say that it will not get past the le0 probe, I mean
that the machine hangs infinitely at that point, I must cycle the
power to regain control of the machine. :-(

Can anyone provide me with some insight about this, or should I just
wait for the offical release of 2.1 before installing?

P.S. I have FBSD 2.0 installed, I am just trying to get current,
especailly for the PPP capabilities I have heard about in 2.1.

Machine Description: AMD 386DX-40, AMI BIOS, w/ 8Mb Mem, ~200Mb HD,
Std IDE HD controller, 3.5in 1.44Mb floppy, w/1P & 1S intgreated into HD
controller.
--
Thank You in advance,

Andy.
Andrew Whitcroft N9KWS, Software Engineer                    FBSD Lives!
Replies to: Andy.Whitcroft@heisys.com
     Phone: 414-797-6880                                     It's Alive and
       FAX: 414-797-6741                                     Well on the
Question/Comments always welcome, BUT flames > /dev/null     INTERNET