Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 11:14:03 -0500
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CFLAGS Optimization

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:23:41PM +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> :: I suspect people dont know the difference between gcc and pgcc
> :: (which ends up
> :: being called 'gcc' on Linux I believe). pgcc does have optimisations up
> :: to O6 -
> ::
> :: http://www.goof.com/pcg/pgcc-faq.html#opts
>
> No, -O9 is a valid optflag, from 2.95.2 from what I can tell.

Anything > -O3 has been broken for ages. The options exist, but they
don't do anything. Also, -O3 is rarely used because it is known to
produce bad code. If you really want to know more about GCC then I
suggest that you hang out on some of their forums. Unfortunately, this
is not the place for this discussion.

- v
--
Victor R. Cardona
vcardona@home.com

                "Behold the keyboard of Kahless, the greatest Klingon
                  code warrior that ever lived!"