Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:48:47 -0500
From:      "Matt Crawford" <crawdad@fnal.gov>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@iol.ie>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: it's time...

>         Surely if you don't want to see the boot messages for cosmetic
> reasons a splash screen is the most cosmeticly pleasing solution.

Speaking of splash screens (a bit far from the thread's original
topic), I've got my laptop set up to show the daemon-and-sunset
picture on boot, but it seems I now have an extremely small window of
time to press a key to get to the boot prompt.  What do I need to
insert to get this window back up to several seconds?  My loader.rc
file looks like this:

\ Loader.rc
\
\ Includes additional commands
include /boot/loader.4th

\ Reads and processes loader.rc
\ start

\ Unless set otherwise, autoboot is automatic at this point

load kernel
load -t splash_image_data daemon_640.bmp
load vesa
load splash_bmp
boot