Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:59:47 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compress bootdisk

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:12:31PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 05:23:30AM +0100, Frederic Nguyen wrote:
> > Does anybody know if there is any possibility to create a bootdisk with=
 a=20
> > compress kernel image? (just like Linux with bzlmage)
> > I need asr raid drivers and kernel size gets huge because of it!
>=20
> Yes; this is what's done with the install floppies. Just gzip the
> kernel and it should work.

What is the difference between /usr/bin/kzip and /usr/sbin/kgzip
and just using gzip?  If just using gzip works, why do these other
tools exist?

--=20
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly@zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--