Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:38:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1-RELEASE /dev/console

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:

->On Mon, Apr 14, 1997 at 06:40:40PM -0500, Jay D. Nelson wrote:
->> Have you tried editing syslog.conf to route _all messages_ to a file or
->> another machine?
->
->ah, thanks, commenting out the line concerning /dev/console at least
->solved my problem with syslogd.
->
->but, i still dont get it, why does /dev/console block ? is it supposed
->to do so, and what can I do against it ?

Don't know if it is intended or not, but a daemon trying to talk to a
device that never answers isn't a good idea. The headless machines I have
all log to files with *.crit and above mailed to another machine.

-- Jay

->still wondering,
->	    	Sec
->--
-> Jeder Tag an dem du nicht lächelst, ist ein verlorener Tag. (C. Chaplin)
->