Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:37:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov, net@freebsd.org, kris@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: select fails to return incoming connect on FreeBSD-4.3

In article <local.mail.freebsd-net/20010611131207.A39225@node7.cluster.srrc.usda.gov> you write:
>First off, I hope this is the right list.
>
>Could someone take a look at PR misc/27880?

This was broken by the initial sequence number patch to TCP.

When the server closes the socket, it puts the entry into the
TIME_WAIT state.  When a new SYN is received from the client while
the socket is in this state, the new connection is only accepted
if the new sequence number is > than the old one.

Unfortunately, with a randomized seqence #, the new connection ISN
may be less than the old sequence used, and the SYN will be ignored.

I've copied this over to kris, who (IIRC) brought in the new sequence
numbering.
--
Jonathan