Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:17:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Baer <christian.baer@informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GELI -> What to encrypt?

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:58:25 +0100 Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> GELI, just like GBDE or any other GEOM class can work on _any_ GEOM
> provider (disk, slice, partition, mirror, etc.).

Actually, I knew that it *could* work on any provider. I did read the
manpage. :-) What I wanted to know is where I *should* make it work on.
Basicly speaking, I'm not sure if I like the idea of the partition table
being encrypted too because the risk of losing data seems to be higher
this way. Or am I just paranoid?

> Because this is the second such question I'm seeing, I'll probably add a
> note to the manual page.

More info in the manpage ist always positive. :-)

Cheers!
Chris