Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:38:39 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.4

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:47:41AM +0200, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> Is the 1.4 JDK usable with -STABLE?
>
> Some time ago, it was not possible to use the hotspot
> VM because of thread issues, one fell back to
> classic VM.
>
> The 1.4 JDK however has no classic VM anymore.

There's no native 1.4 port of the J2SE, but I'm the processing of
testing HotSpot now which should lay the ground work for the port
when it's attempted. I'm getting crashes in the threading system
and I'm trying to track that down right now. I have already fixed
a thread local storage bug already. Hopefully, this process will
yield something useable soon without me sifting through a lot of
oscure bugs.

;-)

bill