Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:09:36 -0400
From:      Janos Dohanics <web@3dresearch.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/tcl86 build error

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:38:31 +0000
Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Apr 02 2022, 01:57 UTC, Janos Dohanics <web@3dresearch.com> wrote:
> >Hello,
>
> Hi Janos,
>
> >I'm trying to build lang/tcl86 on FreeBSD 13.1-STABLE #0 341953bc1
> >but getting an error:
> >
> ># make "MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes" install clean
> >===>  Building for tcl86-8.6.12
> >/usr/sbin/dtrace -h  -o tclDTrace.h
> >-s /usr/ports/lang/tcl86/work/tcl8.6.12/generic/tclDTrace.d dtrace:
> >failed to compile
> >script /usr/ports/lang/tcl86/work/tcl8.6.12/generic/tclDTrace.d:
> >"/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 1: failed to copy type of 'pr_uid':
> >Type information is in parent and unavailable
>
> A quick search reveals that you're probably being hit by
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/232675, but I can't tell you more than this.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Pietro Cerutti

Hi Piero,

Thank you for the pointer. I must say I don't know enough to understand
how does my problem relate to the bug you have indicated.

I have disabled the DTRACE build option and lang/tcl86 built with no
errors.

Being a default build option, disabling DTRACE is probably unwise?

--
Janos Dohanics