Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2008 09:52:05 -0600
From:      Christer Edwards <christer.edwards@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcpd possible within jail?

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

I recently set up a few jails for internal network services (sshd, bind,
dhcpd, etc.)  The only issue I have so far is that dhcpd doesn't seem to
work within the jail env.  It appears to start properly, and the process
shows in top, but no leases are ever given out.

I have the following in my jail /etc/rc.conf:

## dhcpd options
dhcpd_enable=3D"YES"
dhcpd_flags=3D"-q"
dhcpd_conf=3D"/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf"
dhcpd_ifaces=3D"hme0"
dhcpd_withumask=3D"022"

dhcpd_chuser_enable=3D"YES"
dhcpd_withuser=3D"dhcpd"
dhcpd_withgroup=3D"dhcpd"
dhcpd_chroot_enable=3D"NO"
dhcpd_devfs_enable=3D"NO"
#dhcpd_makedev_enable=3D"YES"
dhcpd_rootdir=3D"/var/db/dhcpd"
dhcpd_includedir=3D""
#dhcpd_jail_enable=3D"YES"
dhcpd_hostname=3D"hostname.domain.tld"
dhcpd_ipaddress=3D"192.168.0.13"
=20
I have also allowed raw_sockets from the host (unless there is another
way to accomplish this).

If anyone can tell me what I'm missing, or if its simply a jail
limitation I'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance,
christer

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87