Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 00:56:11 +0000
From:      "Tracy Snell" <freebsd@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptic 1522 DAT Phase Errors

 Cc:            freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

> Tracy Snell stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I think it is supported. I had the same problem with a 1542. Trying
> > it on a 2940 tonight.
>
> Yecch.  This sounds like cable or termination then.  The 1522 and 1542
> drivers are (AFAIK) totally different.  Certainly, the 1542 driver is
> about as solid as they get, and if you're having problems with it then
> it's more likely to be hardware than software.

Thats what I thought, hardware. It is not the computer side since it does
it on 2 different machines. I've tried every termination option
available. Term on both. Active term on dat. .. ... Also different
cables.  Thinking about loading up Linux just to see if that will be
better. This is quite frustrating.

--
Tracy Snell
EnterAct, L.L.C. Chicagoland Internet Connectivity