Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:55:46 -0400
From:      Blake Crosby <dev@samurai.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   snmp/mrtg

Is there a way to get mrtg or snmp (not sure where the problem lies here)
to store data for two ips bound to the same interface?

Currently I have two communities, one for each ip address:

(in snmpd.conf):
#       sec.name  source          community
com2sec mynetwork 216.126.86.53/32      xxxxx
com2sec mynetwork2 216.126.86.54/32      xxxxx

#               sec.model  sec.name
group MyROGroup v1         mynetwork
group MyROGroup v2c        mynetwork
group MyROGroup usm        mynetwork
group MyROGroup v1         mynetwork2
group MyROGroup v2c        mynetwork2
group MyROGroup usm        mynetwork2

####
# Third, create a view for us to let the groups have rights to:

#           incl/excl subtree                          mask
view all    included  .1                               80

#                context sec.model sec.level match  read   write  notif
access MyROGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    none   none
access MyRWGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all    none

in mrtg.cfg

Target[216.126.86.53]: 1:xxxx@216.126.86.53:
Target[216.126.86.54]: 1:xxxx@216.126.86.54:

Is what I am trying to do even possible?

Blake