Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:38:29 -0500
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tech difficulties

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 12:53:05AM +0000, arkane@dpnet.net wrote:
> Hello.
>   I'm having trouble w/ my interrupt handler and I need some assistance.
>
> While I'm using my modem in ppp I get frequent error messages like this:
> Jun 20 20:31:55 myhost /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 244)
>
> there are also cases where i get "2 more silo overflows"
>
> i did man sio and i read in the diagnostics that that's a problem w/ the
> interrupt handler
> but alas! I do not know how to fix it!
> Any suggestions?
> The following is the line in my kernel for COM 2 setup:
> device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr

Interesting.  I get the same problem with minicom (never had it happen with
PPP though).  It happens with my system in two different situations:

	a) when uploading via zmodem using minicom (lots of crc errors.
	   it almost looks like a flow-control problem).
	b) when using minicom and switching vt's rapidly.

I'd appreciate any help on this one too...

--
drwho @ xnet.com  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Freedom of government is good, but freedom FROM government is better."