Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:51:49 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Jorge Aldana <jorge@salk.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gdk_imlib.5

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 02:33:34PM -0800, Jorge Aldana wrote:

> ===>   Returning to build of gnomelibs-1.0.55
>
> [and then]
>
> 5. I've also updated ports and the same.

Your ports tree simply cannot be up to date, since I committed
gnomelibs-1.0.56 on 2000/02/23 -- there have also been a number
of updates to other dependencies (glib12, gtk12, imlib itself)
which it would appear you're not picking up.

Since your system seems to be particularly badly damaged, the
quickest way to do what you want would be to save any
configuration files (XF86Config etc..), and then, having
cvsup'd (or whatever) your ports tree really up to date,
blow everything away, and start again from scratch.

Record _everything_ that you do, so that if ${DEITY} decides to have
some fun and break things for you, we'll have somewhat more
information to go on.

> Has anyone got it to work yet? I'm using FreeBSD 3.4-20000124-STABLE by
> the way.

Plenty of people have it working every day.  Indeed, I'm typing this
on a 3.4-STABLE system running GNOME, sawmill, eog, gnomeiconedit and
a whole bunch of other stuff that wouldn't be possible if imlib was
seriously broken.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.