Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:59:57 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        lists.br@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

--Boundary-00=_vVH3M1NU77jX/5V

On Thursday 11 November 2010 12:14:30 Luiz Otavio O Souza wrote:

[snip]

> >> I'm running a slightly modified version of current (for the RTC support
> >> and basic multi-phy/switch support - still without vlan support).
> >
> > Could you share your changes/patches? I have this board too and could
> > benefit from it too... you did a bit more already than me...
>
> Hi Milan,
>
> Sure, all my patches/changes are available, but as i said, it's only small
> changes...

Do you have a summary somewhere?

[snip]

> >> The only problem i had was with the WPA - hostapd - setup (never did it
> >> before, so i probably have screwed the setup).
> >
> > If you could show config, maybe someone could help you. I have tested WPA
> > setup with two FreeBSD systems and Atheros cards and it worked. I could
> > use my FreeBSD AP as an internet gateway for wifi enabled Nokia E66,
> > too, so I think a verified it a bit :) and this kind of things should
> > not be arch dependent :)
>
> Here is my config (ifconfig - rc.conf):
>
> hostapd_enable="YES"
> wlans_ath0="wlan1"
> create_args_wlan1="wlanmode hostap mode 11g descr wireless-ap"
> ifconfig_wlan1="ssid wpa-test channel 1"

In my case, rc.conf is this:

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
create_args_wlan0="wlanmode ap"
ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
autobridge_interfaces="bridge0"
autobridge_bridge0="fxp0 wlan0"
ifconfig_bridge0="up"
hostapd_enable="YES"

> My hostapd.conf: http://pastebin.com/fz6pNfHX
>
> (have tried with and without preamble, with eapol_version = 1 and 2 and
> with wpa = 1 and 3)

and my:

interface=wlan0
debug=2
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
ssid=testus
wpa=1
wpa_passphrase=testap
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=CCMP TKIP

This is all and it works... tested with Nokia E66.

[snip]

> >> It's running fully static, booting a gziped kernel from onboard flash
> >> and with a full system on a 8GB SD card (i've another two 4GB
> >> memsticks, one is used for ports and the other for sources and obj).
> >
> > Again, it would be great if you could share your experience - I would
> > like to run from flash too, but did not came there yet, I am still only
> > at netboot stage with USB flasdisk based file system.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Milan
>
> adrian@ keeps a wiki page with some information about this:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/AdrianChadd/UbiquityRouterstationPro

I know about this page... actually, I am using patches mentioned there,
downloaded from http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/usb_rspro.diff so I can use
USB.

Also, I use attached kernel config, but this needs some changes. For RTC a
patch is probably necessary. GPIO definition needs to be changed a bit. I did
not test any miniPCI card yet. Maybe again some patch is needed...

I found http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/ - do you use any patch from
there?

Last thing coming from your dmesg - where did you get driver for switch
connected to arge1 and what could you do with it?

Regards,
Milan

--Boundary-00=_vVH3M1NU77jX/5V

ident		AR71XX
cpu		CPU_MIPS4KC
options 	ISA_MIPS32
makeoptions	TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN
makeoptions	KERNLOADADDR=0x80050000
options		HZ=1000

files		"../atheros/files.ar71xx"
hints		"AR71XX.hints"

makeoptions	DEBUG=-g			# Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
makeoptions	MODULES_OVERRIDE=""

options		DDB
options		KDB

options		SCHED_4BSD			# 4BSD scheduler
options		INET				# InterNETworking
options		PSEUDOFS			# Pseudo-filesystem framework
options		_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions

device		pci

device		mii
device		arge

device		usb
options		USB_EHCI_BIG_ENDIAN_DESC	# handle big-endian byte order
device		ohci
device		ehci
device		umass
device		scbus
device		da

device		gpio
device		gpioled

device		spibus
device		ar71xx_spi
device		mx25l

device		geom_label
options		ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:/dev/ufs/MIPSroot\"

device		ar71xx_wdog

device		uart

device		loop
device		ether